Saturday, November 15, 2008

A small Spark Fire at my house...

Ok, So last night we were tearing down wall paper and patching places in our kitchen so we could paint it today. Everything was going good, Until my Dad walked past the stove/oven electrical cord. My dad kinda rubbed againest it trying to get out from behind it, and he saw a electric spark. We saw black on the electric plug, but we didn't know that it had been sparking before. So since my dad saw sparks he wanted to see what was wrong, so he took a broom stick and touched the power plug. Well, it started a small spark fire, it went out after 1 minute, but there was a ton of smoke all over the house. My mom called the Firetruck so that they could come check and make sure there was nothing bad going on. They felt the wall, it wasn't hot, so it wasn't the wires, it turned out to be the oven/stove had a bed cord, and the outlet needed to be replaced. So an Electrician came over and fixed it. Everything is fine now, but where the fire was it left a 3 by 1 foot black mark. It should wipe off. We are almost done painting our kitchen, it is looking good !!

Maddy

2 comments:

sarah said...

I won't tell Anne & Barri about that one!..haha

Maddy said...

Wait a minute are you Aunt Sarah ??