I got a tutorial today! Yeah!
So, the other day, I was going through my box of clothes to refashion, and I found this grey sweater, that I had thrown in there a few weeks ago..There was nothing wrong with the sweater, really, It actually was one of my favorite sweaters, it doesn't have buttons or anything.. But, the reason I needed to do something else to it, is because...
1. The sleeves are very short on me, and VERY tight, that I can't even pull it up my arms! lol
2. Well, I guess cause I wanted to give it a more "stylish" look...Or maybe I just wanted to refashion it...I really don't know..but...I am very pleased with the result!
So, you ready for the tutorial? Say, "YES!"! heheehe!
Ok, heres what you need:
A sweater, One without buttons would be best(what I used), but, I'm sure an amazing seamstress like YOU could make it work :)
Lace, mine was your typical width lace, and I would recommend getting a few yards...
More lace, only this lace should be about 1/2 to 3/4 in. lace
And, your typical sewing necessities :)
Ok, you ready to get to work?
(Ahh, I forgot to get a picture of the sweater before I started the work! Oh well, there isn't a "huge" difference!"
1. you need to measure around the "opening" of the sweater, mine was about 51-ish inches round the whole "opening", so I about doubled the length, and cut the lace about 100 inches.
This is the lace I used, Lovely, right?
2. Ok, now you need to ruffle your lace, straight down the middle. I forgot to get a picture of the lovely ruffles before I started pinning, and after all that pinning, man, I just couldn't take them off...LOL! Need help on making ruffles? I 'll leave that up to Disney,
3. Now, get out those Pins and start pinning away, until it is pinned to your "diseredness" around the sweaters "opening" ..
4. Now, time to sew those gorgeous ruffles on, and of course, back-stitching at the beginning and end!!
5. We are almost done! Now try on your sweater, and decide wear you want to sew the ties at..I put mine on about 10 1/2 inches from the bottom... Now, pin the lace to your desired place, and sew, you can either box-sew, or just sew straight, going back-and-forth several times!
You are done! That was all! Easy, right??! If you want me to be honest, I will, this sweater only took my about 20-30 mins to make, the ruffling was the longest part! I hope the tutorial made sense! Comment and email pics if you make one! I would LOVE to see it!
Oh, also, I thought I would tell y'all that I cut the sleeves off, about 1 inch about the elbow..although, It really is not necessary, unless your sleeves are too TIGHT or too SHORT!
Oh, also, I forgot to get a pic with it on me..I will take one soon, and post it!!